Interchange 1 Unit 1 Circle 2 P-SAT TEST
Circle the correct choice.
1. What does actually mean?
A. never happens B. always is C. could be
D. really, truly E. from Mexico
2. What is a cafeteria?
A. where students exercise B. a classroom C. big
D. outside E. where students eat
3. What does beautiful mean?
A. special or different B. pretty or attractive C. ugly or rough
D. green or natural E. never scared
4. When do we say thanks?
A. after someone helps you B. when taking a test C. never
D. after helping a friend E. after every sentence
5. “Are you free?” means _____.
A. Are you ready? B. Can we go? C. Let’s go!
D. Let us go! E. Do you have time?
Correct mistakes by circling the correction.
1. Are your classes interesting that year?
A. that year B. any year C. no year
D. which year E. this year
2. I’m in my way to the library.
A. in my way B. on my way C. through my way
D. get my way E. go my way
3. I would be free after Chemistry class.
A. will be B. always be C. actually be
D. sometimes be E. never be
4. I’m Charlie, but anyone calls me Chuck.
A. anyone B. I C. they
D. everyone E. all the people
5. I’m the student at City College, where I study Chemistry.
A. the B. every C. any
D. not E. a
Fill in the blank
Circle the correct word or words for the blank.
1. Sun Hee, this is David Garza. He’s a ______ club member from Mexico.
A. actually B. from C. new
D. easy E. big
2. Oh, I ______ Mexico! It’s really beautiful.
A. love B. hate C. actually
D. new E. nice
3. Sorry, ______ your last name again?
A. are B. what’s C. which
D. how E. is
4. Are you ______ the United States?
A. for B. with C. in
D. come E. from
5. Her class ______ the afternoon.
A. is in B. will in C. could be
D. was be E. always
Circle the correct answers about the passage.
A. Eileen is from Mozambique (国家) in southern Africa. She speaks Swahili(语言) and Protuguese(语言). She is studying English and engineering. She wants to be an engineer. She wants to be an engineer. She says she does not play any sports, but she wants to make a lot of new friends in her class.
1. Where is Mozambique?
A. America B. South America C. Europe
D. southern Africa E. Asia
2. What does Eileen want to be?
A. an engineer B. a fire fighter C. a teacher
D. a singer E. a soccer player
B. Su Yin is from China. She says she can write and read English pretty well, but she needs a lot of practice speaking English. Her first language is Chinese. In her free time, she wants to play volleyball on the school team.
3. Where is Su Yin from?
A. Mozambique B. America C. China
D. Spain E. Brazil
4. Is she better at writing or speaking English?
A. Speaking B. Spelling C. Reading
D. Writing E. Singing
5. When she has time, what sport does she want to play at school?
A. soccer B. basketball C. volleyball
D. swimming E. track and field